Safeguarding your information: Our commitment to privacy and security
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through our website;
- Why we collect personally identifiable information and the legal basis for such collection;
- How we use the collected information and with whom it may be shared;
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data; and
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information
We are collecting your data for several reasons:
- To better understand your needs and provide the services you requested.
- To fulfill our legitimate interest in improving our services and products.
- To send you promotional & educational emails when we have your consent.
- When we have your consent, we may ask you to complete surveys or participate in other types of market research.
To customize our website according to your online behavior and personal preferences.
- The data we collect from you will be stored no longer than necessary. The length of time we retain the information will be determined based upon the following criteria: the length of time your personal information remains relevant; the length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our duties and obligations; any limitation periods within which claims might be made; any retention periods prescribed by law or required by regulators, professional bodies or associations; the type of contract we have with you, the existence of your consent, and our legitimate interest in keeping such information as stated in this Policy.
- Weightless will not mass email, text, or call our clients or prospective clients. If you choose not to receive emails, text messages, or the occasional phone call for marketing or education purposes, you can opt-out anytime. For emails, use the “Unsubscribe” link found at the bottom of all our emails. For text messaging, reply “Stop,” for phone calls, ask the phone representative to place the number being called on the DND list. If you make these requests, Weightless will honor them.
We may share information we have collected about you in certain situations. Your information may be disclosed as follows:
- As necessary to provide services or products you have ordered;
- In other ways described in this Policy or to which you have otherwise consented;
- In the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined;
- As required by law or regulation, or in response to a subpoena or search warrant. This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- To outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- As necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- To Affiliates, including any parent company, subsidiary, join venture partners, or other companies that we control or that are under common control with us. All like parties will be required to honor this Policy; and
- As necessary to maintain, safeguard and preserve all the rights and property of Weightless Financial.